April 23, 2015

True To Life Photo Cube

I like unique ways of displaying my pictures.  My scrapbooks are for when you have the time to go through and give attention to the story being told.   Not all of my guests have the time (or desire) to spend with and get lost in my scrapbooks.   Some of them just want to casually skim over the pictures as they pass by, or steal a quick peek when they are perched on the couch.

So, I made a photo cube!  This way I can smile every time I see it because I will recall the memories of those trips, and other people can laugh and say to themselves "Wow, what a weird looking family."


I used one sheet of Kraft paper to score and cut a pattern to make a 3x3 block.  The Artiste cartridge has a cut for this (page 45), but I just get in the habit of sketching things and doing it myself.  Although the Cricut would make it easier now that I'm thinking this through...



I used some jubilee paper scraps from last year and coordinating cardstock and inks because they were just so summery and blended well with the kraft paper.



This cube holds 4 pictures.  Each picture is popped with a fun sentiment from various stamp sets in my collection. Some sets are retired but I just can't get rid of them because they are perfect for big statements in little spaces.

I've said it before...when you find a stamp set you really like...you better get it because you never know when it will be retired.



My husband is always about "the adventure", so I thought it was perfectly fitting to use this sentiment on the top of the block.  Every day I wake up, I'm thankful for my happy, fun, never-ending chore filled adventure.

Stamps:  True to Life, Hello Blooms, Washi Wonder, It's Your Day.
Inks:  Honey, Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue, Black
Paper:  Kraft, Jubilee, Honey, Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue, Sweet Leaf

Thanks for looking!

  
View the 2014-15 Inspirations Book and NEW Seasonal Expressions online 
and when you are ready, please order HERE then click "Kathy's Online Gathering".  
After you order, place a comment or send me an email and I will send you a FREE gift!

2014–2015 Annual Inspirations
2014-15 Annual Inspirations
Seasonal Expressions 2
NEW Seasonal Expressions 2

No comments:

Post a Comment